Friday 6 July 2012

Pasque Flowers

These flowers are the plant world equivalent of Swallows to me, they are an indicator that summer is just around the corner.
 There are not that many sites in the UK where Pasque flowers Pulsatilla vulgaris grow, so I consider myself to be lucky in that I am not far from a few of the Chiltern hill sites and the ones that grow on Therfield Heath near Royston. 
 I photographed these with a Canon EOS 1DsMkIII &100mm f2.8 macro lens whilst laying on the ground, obviously it is very important that you pick out individual flowers or isolated groups and don't trample on the others while you take your shots, I also used a silver Lastolite reflector and sprayed some of the flowers with water to get a nice "Dew" efffect as well!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Aww so lovely...specially love the droplets on the second pic.